A Brilliant Brand Expresses Your Core. What you stand for, your unique message and informs you of the best way to deliver that product or service to make an impact. I work with my clients to distinguish what makes them uniquely different and curiously distinct. And how to distill their magnificent self-down into crisp concise and fresh messages. It’s different for everyone; there is no cookie cutter formula. It’s a creative process that requires trust, courage and a leap of faith.
The #1 thing you must do to build a Brilliant Brand is Express Yourself Don’t Repress Yourself. So how the freak do you do that in a Tweet, it’s only 140 precise characters? When I find myself in this kind of challenge and I am up against it in my resistance, I channel my inner Madonna…
Bitch, I am Ann Bennett — Unapologetic Bitch!
Audacious Tip: Find a Rock Star Formula and Pour Yourself Into It. So I am going to share with you 5 more copywriting secrets to tell captivating stories. For those of you that are just tuning in on my frequency or are finally showing up… I am adding to the list of 27 copywriting secrets. You can get the first 5 formulas If Madonna Tweeted on the Rants section of my website So let’s get to it…
Your Brilliant Brand Captures Your Core
6. Attention-Interest-Desire-Action: Attention— Fascinate or surprise them. Interest—have a fresh perspective, not business as usual. Desire—Benefits of your product or service and proof. Action—Ask for a response.
Madonna’s Tweet: Hey! Do you want to know what it feels like for a girl? Want the insider secrets?
7. A Forest: A-Alliteration, F-Facts, O-Opinions, R-Repetition E-Examples, S-Statistics, T-Three’s (repeat something three times to make it memorable. WTF this is more like a blog post or a landing page, right? Ok so you don’t have to use them all at once. You can break them up and just pull out one element. Try it and see how it works.
Madonna’s Tweet: I am having a Madonna Moment. Rebel, Renegade and Revolutionary so effing deal with it!
8. The 5 Basic Objections: I don’t have enough time. I don’t have enough money. It won’t work for me. It won’t work for me. I don’t believe you. I don’t need it. These are all the baseline excuses that people come up with, all of their reasons why not. Keep in mind if you can solve all of them you are a Rock Star. If you can solve even one of them, you are a Rock Star!
Madonna’s Tweet: The absolute best way to spend the next 5 minutes: Dance to my song Holiday and celebrate yourself, baby!
9. Picture—Promise—Prove—Push (PPPP): Picture-paint a picture that gets attention and creates desire. Promise-Describe how you product/service/idea will deliver. Prove-Provide support for you promise. Push-Ask your reader to commit.
Madonna’s Tweet: Papa don’t preach, I’m in trouble deep but I made up my mind, I’m keepin’ my baby.
10. The psychological pull of Open Loops: Open loops i.e. cliffhangers are rooted in psychology. We need closure in your lives, and when we don’t get this sense of closure all hell breaks loose. I believe open loops in our lives create obsessions. If you don’t believe me think about it the next time you are bingeing on Scandal or Orange is the New Black.
Madonna’s Tweet: How my biggest personal loss created the The Rebel Heart Tour.
These are powerful copywriting formulas but what makes them extraordinary is YOU. Your voice, your brilliant brand. Some of you are not a Badass you are more of a Mother Earth type. It doesn’t matter as long as you are TRUE TO YOU. That’s where all the power and profits are. So think about what you are going to own about yourself, honor about yourself and unleash about yourself and above all give yourself permission to play, get passionately curious. Because that is where all the JUICE is.