Valerie Harper, my fav rave from the Marie Tyler Moore Show
Do you remember all those nights in front of the TV watching Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda Morgenstern?
OMG, laughing your ass off? So there I was in the grocery store glancing at the People Magazine…My trashy magazine indulgence reserved for grocery store lines and pedicures…and Valerie Harper is on the cover talking about living with Cancer. Why do we wait until we are dying to live life? Anyway, she had the most touching and profound things to say…
Here is Valerie’s List:
- Forgiveness is giving up the wish that things could be different.
- Don’t let your fear today rob you of a fun life.
- If you’re not here now, where the hell are you?
- I’ve never been a fan of the good ol’ days. For me, the best day has always been this one.
- My mom always used to say, “If you can learn from it, then do. If not, forget about it. That was yesterday.”
The one that really got me was Forgiveness is giving up the wish that things could be different. I don’t know about you, but sometimes building a business and my life just don’t look the way I want them to be…I want things to be different.
So for today, make peace with your life and your business…Practice Forgiveness. And remember to Celebrate Yourself! It takes gumption to build a business and live the life of your Dreams. Peace Out.
Breathe Deeply, Laugh Loudly and Be Audacious!